20 October 2014

Review: Opposition (Lux #5)

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 534
Rating: 6 out of 10 (oh that's so sad)

** SPOILER ALERT: This is number five in the Lux series. Check out Obsidian HERE **

Summary (Lookx at Goodreads (Lame, sorry)): Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.

My Thoughts: I'm still upset that this cover is different than that of the rest of the series and I don't even own the series, I borrowed it from Kristen. I promise that she is just as upset as I am, if not more upset. It's just so different and such a let down. 

But enough about unimportant things! In the beginning of this series, I loved it. I was 100% into the story line and the characters. By this novel, I was so bored. I don't know. Maybe it's that I think that most often trilogies are too long. Five books is nearly twice as long as that! It was just too much. I still cared a lot about the characters but so much about this series seemed like a useless filler. Get to the point. Don't add a million characters that aren't necessary or plot lines that don't matter to the main element of the story. I want to get right to it. I want to know that they will end up happy but I also want to be able to trust that the story will eventually end. This novel started to drag almost. Part of the problem may have been that I read the first four novels back to back and had to wait for this one to come out. I must have lost momentum. I usually love Jennifer Armentrout's novels. I'm starting to worry that she is pulling herself too thin.

I was content with the ending even though it was a bit of a pain to get there. Everything was wrapped up. I'm not really perfectly sure how they managed to wrap up the main plot point. Like, you just scared them away? Hey, whatever. Whatever works. I don't believe it 100% but that's fine. She's the author. She's the boss.

What I'm gathering from my slightly delayed review of this novel is that I liked the series as a whole but didn't really enjoy this novel on it's own.

This is a bad review, I am so sorry.

So: Don't let this review stop you from reading this series. This novel has informed my writing, if you would believe that. I also have an unnatural attachment to Jennifer Armentrout. This series was pretty wonderful in the beginning and I was excited to find out how the whole thing would end. I wasn't too let down by the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...