13 September 2014

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2)

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Format: eBook
Pages: 338
Rating: 7 out of 10

Summary (Goodreads): Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

Thoughts: I'm sorry, can we talk about the hot boy on the cover of this novel? I didn't get to see this hot boy very much (at all) using the ereader but phew...

I've never read a story about an inventor. That was kind of cool. I love Cricket. He has a stupid name and is almost unbearably awkward but he is wonderful with all his little quirks. I think he's delightful, especially with what he does for her right at the end of the novel. Having an inventor around would be handy...

Hearing about where St. Clair and Anna are now was nice. It was a great way to continue that story without actually continuing their story. Do characters still live on after the author stops writing about them? I think they do, no matter what is said in The Fault in Our Stars. 

Lola is...unique. I like her. She is a little bit crazy and has her annoying moments but still. I wouldn't dress like her...I watch TV shows about people like her...but if it makes her happy then she should go for it. Also, this is my first novel with gay parents in it. I liked that a lot.

If you liked Anna and the French Kiss then you should look at this novel too. If you haven't you should go out and buy both of them because they are adorable love stories that make you want to travel and create things and be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Did you like Anna or Lola more? I recently read Lola and I liked it a LOT more than Anna, although I can't see why. Wondering if it's the feeling of familiarity of knowing who a few of the characters are.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...