3 July 2014

Review: Out of Breath (Breathing #3)

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Rebecca Donovan
Format: Paperback
Pages: 422
Rating: 7ish out of 10

** Spoiler Alert: Read the review for Reason to Breathe or Barely Breathing here **

Summary (Goodreads should be out of breath due to all the work it does for Kristen and I): Emma leaves Weslyn and everyone in it behind to attend Stanford University, just as she always intended. A shell of her former self, she is not the same girl. She is broken, and the only way that she’ll be whole again is through forgiveness. Emma must find a way to forgive herself and recognize her own worth before she can receive the love she deserves. This final installment will have readers holding their breath until the very last page.

My Ponderings: I hate time gaps so much! So much. You don't understand. You cannot possibly understand how much unexplained time gaps bother me. What happened during all that time? I don't know. We will never know! That bothers me.

What else bothers me? When the children of alcoholics drink to get drunk...all the time. Enough said about that. 

What did I notice about the time I started reading this novel? This series has like a million pages in it. They are so long. Why are they so long? 

What happened then? I got distracted by my interest in the stories. I wanted to know what happened to the characters. I needed to know what happened. So I read this novel, faster than I thought I could read. Why? I still felt bad for Emma. I still loved Evan. I felt meh about Chase....was that his name? I've already forgotten.

P.S. I wish I was rich like she was so I could just rent a huge ass house of the beach. Sounds like it would be an awesome time. Kristen and I are going to go read on the beach soon...maybe next week. I digress...

Other thoughts about this novel? I really enjoyed them even for all the pain they put me through. 

THEN AGAIN WITH THE TIME JUMP AT THE END. I CAN'T FOLLOW THESE STUPID TIME JUMPS. I DON'T PAY THAT MUCH ATTENTION. AUTHOR'S PLEASE INFORM ME EXACTLY HOW THIS TIME JUMP IS AND WHAT THE CHARACTERS DID DURING SAID TIME JUMP. DON'T JUST SUDDENLY INFORM ME THAT SOMETIME DURING THE LAST TWO WEEKS THERE WAS A DISCUSSION THAT I WAS NOT PRIVY TO THAT HAS LED TO A LIFE ALTERING DECISION! I CANNOT FUNCTION LIKE THIS ANYMORE. 

So: I liked this series a lot. I would reread them, were I not battling a pile of to read books sitting beside my bed, threatening to murder me in my sleep. Anywho....these novels were good though they pull at your heart and I can't help but blame Emma a little bit for her problems (Don't move in with your mother or stay there or drink like you've been). I'm harsh; I know. I'm sorry. But, yeah, check this series out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...