3 February 2014

The Epic, Extravagant, (Evil), and Elastic Examination Day 17

Favorite quote from your favorite book

“Each life has a different purpose, and some people can find their purpose more easily than others. The key, the most important thing you can ever know, is that whatever your purpose is, that's not your only choice"
-- Dan Well, Partials

~Kelsey

So, I'm kind of cheating because TFIOS isn't my favourite book, but it's definitely top ten and I absolutely love this quote. 

"Augustus Waters was a self-aggrandizing bastard. But we forgive him. We forgive him not because he had a heart as figuratively good as his literal one sucked, or because he knew more about how to hold a cigarette than any nonsmoker in history, or because he got eighteen years when he should've gotten more.'
'Seventeen,' Gus corrected.
'I'm assuming you've got some time, you interupting bastard.
'I'm telling you,' Isaac continued, 'Augustus Waters talked so much that he'd interupt you at his own funeral. And he was pretentious: Sweet Jesus Christ, that kid never took a piss without pondering the abundant metaphorical resonances of human waste production. And he was vain: I do not believe I have ever met a more physically attractive person who was more acutely aware of his own physical attractiveness.
'But I will say this: When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him.'"

-- John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

And, from my actual fayborit book in the world 

"I'll tell them how I survive it. I'll tell them that on bad mornings, it feels impossible to take pleasure in things because I'm afraid it could be taken away. That's when I make a list in my head of every act of goodness I've seen someone do. It's like a game. Repetitive. Even a little tedious after more than twenty years.

But there are much worse games to play." 

-- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay. 

I think it was just such a perfect way to end the series!

Kristen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...