18 January 2014

Opal (Lux #3)

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Pages: 382
Format: Paperback
My Rating: 9 out of 10

SPOILER ALERT. THIS IS THE THIRD OF A SERIES. P.S I suggest not even reading the summary if you've not read the other two. 

Summary (thanks GR): No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


Kristen's Review for Opal Here

Thought: Given the huge spoiler warning at the top, I will keep this very short and to the point.

I still love this series and this author, even more in fact. I love that she sticks to the story no matter what character might get in the way or get hurt. Her doing this making the whole story seem more realistic. Sometimes bad things happen and sometimes good things happen. That's just the way it is and this novel, really this whole series, reflects that life fact.

I'm glad that the characters are growing and changing. These circumstances require it and the author, I think, does it perfectly. Apparently, I have lots of good things to say about this author...

I think the characters are perfect for their parts and I love them for it. 

If you haven't read the first two of this series, I recommend that you go find them and read the whole series so that you can understand the awesomeness and pain that is their series. I can't wait for the next ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...