11 November 2013

The Epic, Extravagant, (Evil), and Elastic Examination Day 05

A book that makes you happy

I think for this one I will have to go with Florence by Ciye Cho. I'm sure the point of the novel wasn't to make me happy and there is dark parts. It's not all rainbows and unicorns (actually neither of those things are in this novel or series just so we are clear). I did however love the underwater world. I thought it was beautiful. I stayed up reading them because they were a perfect get away. I even remember the characters showing up in some dreams (nothing weird I promise you!). I fell for the authors tricks and plot twists but I was even fine with that because I still loved the outcomes for both novels in this series. I would read these books again just for the great feeling of escape from the real world (not that this world doesn't seem like it could be real). The visual that this book provided the reader was incredible.

~ Kelsey

If I answer The Hunger Games again there will be two problems. 1) You will all probably suggest I get my head examined if I say THG is my favourite happy novel (but I mean, baby everlark days and feels!) 2) Kelsey will probably (and by probably I mean certainly), without a doubt, give me a black eye. So, back to the drawing board for me. Okay. My favourite happy novel is probably Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It's just so cute and romantic and full of France! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...