12 February 2013

Effortless

Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)Reviewer: Kristen
Author: S. C. Stephens
Pages: 496
Format: Paperback

My Rating: 9 out of 10


*Spoiler Warning*
Review for THOUGHTLESS

Summary (thanks Goodreads): After being caught in the middle of a love triangle which led to a devastating betrayal, Kiera pledged to learn from the mistakes she’d made. She was determined to never again inflict that kind of pain on anyone, especially the soulful, talented man who held her heart. But life offers new challenges for every relationship, and when Kiera’s love is put to the ultimate test, will it survive? Love is easy . . . trust is hard.

My Thoughts: I'm going to keep this one nice and short! I essentially loved this book. I love Kellan (oh my God, Kellan), I still love Denny, and I still hate Kiera. She just, I don't even know. There's something about her that just gets on my nerves. At any rate, this book picks up about three months after we leave Kellan and Kiera in Thoughtless. The first, I'd say, third of the book (ish) is heavy on the lust factor. More so than the last. Lots of sex at first, and though I understand that this in fact a romance novel, it was almost like there was no plot while this was happening. Don't worry this changes! I loved where Stephens took the book. I really didn't know how there would be more to this book that wasn't covered in the first, but don't you fret none, Stephens makes sure to rip your heart out and make you want more. This seriously is going to be one of my new favourite series, and I'm so so so so so (add another few so's) excited for the next! Soon, I keep having to remind myself. I feel like I was underwhelmed with this review, but I don't really know why.... it's an amazing book. Seriously. 

Final Thoughts: Perfect sequel. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a random side note, while reading this, I totally imagined the D-Bags (Kellan's band, for those who haven't read) sound kind of like Hedley's "Kiss You Inside Out"


Though, I do know that the S.C Stephens has said that she pictured their sound more like Linkin Parks "New Divide" 


If any of you have read this, what do you think that our lovable D-Bags sound like?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...