1 March 2012

The Last Three

Reviewer: Kelsey
Author: Almon Chu
Format: Novella eBook
Pages: 43
Rating: 7 out of 10

Summary (Thanks Smashwords): "'Just three more stops,' I thought to myself. I gripped my knife, the handle digging into my flesh. I closed my eyes and tried to think of Eris." A descent down the path of self-destruction, does salvation lie around the corner or is it merely an illusion? The Last Three is a captivating story of a lost soul on the streets of a modern dystopia.       

My Thoughts: You jump right into the story. Right away you connect to the main character. He happens to swear quite a bit just for a warning. I connected to him pretty quickly even though we don't get very much of his background. It was very easy to connect with his pain. Anybody who's had a bad breakup will understand this. I could relate but at the same time, I didn't remember having all of the feelings or thoughts that he did. I was really upset to see how he ended up treating his 'friends.'

I enjoyed this novella. It introduced us to the story and wrapped it up in due time. I really did feel bad for the guy and his actions affected my emotions. I do wish that it had a happier ending but, then again, not every ending can be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...